Iowa senior Christian Ballard is one of the most versatile defensive lineman prospects in the 2011 NFL Draft.
Ballard has posted at least 41 total tackles each of the last three seasons, and he has 9.0 total sacks to his credit during this time.
- Hard-working, team-first player
- Size (6-foot-3, 283 pounds)
- Positional versatility - 4-3 tackle or 3-4 end
Displays a quality swim move and has a strong punch - even has a decent spin move
Safe, versatile prospect
- Quick enough burst to be disruptive (1.65-second 10-yard split)
- Good motor and effort
- Laterally agile enough to contain most backs against the sidelines
- Doesn't always keep his pad level low enough
- Stiff hips - doesn't sink well in pursuit
- Inconsistent play
- Doesn't anchor well enough - can be pushed around by bigger blockers
Expected draft placement
Ballard's size and versatility will likely land him in the second round of the draft.
The Buffalo Bills, Dallas Cowboys and Baltimore Ravens have recently shown interest in Ballard.
About Cory J. Bonini
Cory is KFFL's General Manager. In late 2002, he joined the KFFL staff as a research analyst and has been involved in fantasy sports since 1996. A member of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, as well as Fantasy Sports Writers Association, Bonini has been featured in print, on radio and on scores of websites. Bonini co-hosted Big Lead Sports on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio from 2011 to 2012.
Bonini was recognized with the 2010 Best Article in Print Award from the FSWA and was a finalist for the same award in 2011. In '11, he finished first overall in the FSWA NFL experts challenge that featured 60 of the industry's best competitors.
Don't miss these great reports....