In this article KFFL breaks down the fantasy football sleepers of the week. We will avoid marquee names because players of that caliber are rarely benched, regardless of their matchup. Instead, we will focus on the players that make your fantasy lineup decisions stressful each week. Read on to learn which midrange to low-end players you wouldn't necessarily consider that you need to get into your lineup.
Note: All statistics are from Week 4 through Week 7, unless otherwise stated.
Fantasy football sleepers: Place kickers
Sweet week for Suisham
Steven Hauschka, Seattle Seahawks at Detroit Lions
Fantasy value: Midrange No. 1
- The Seahawks maintain their formula of running the football, trying to take what their opponent gives them and playing good defense. Hauschka has hit 86.7 percent of his field goal attempts this season, and he's attempted more than two per game.
- Detroit has allowed 10 kicking points per game to kickers this season and 8.67 per game in their last three games. Their opponents have missed a couple of opportunities lately, though. The Lions have yielded three field goal attempts, along with 1.67 extra points, per game in that time.
- This game is in Motown, so Mother Nature won't be a factor.
Shaun Suisham, Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Washington Redskins
Fantasy value: Low-end No. 1
- Unfortunately for Washington, Robert Griffin III doesn't play defense. This team's D has yielded more than two field goal attempts and more than two extra point attempts per game this season. In their last four games, it's 2.5 field goal attempts a contest.
- Suisham has made good on 11 of his 12 field goal attempts (93.3 percent) this season, and the Steelers have given him the chance to tack on two one-pointers a game. Pittsburgh's O has yielded 3.33 field goal attempts per game for their kicker in their past three games.
About Nicholas Minnix
Minnix is baseball editor and a fantasy football analyst at KFFL. He plays in LABR and Tout Wars and won the FSWA Baseball Industry Insiders League in 2010.
The University of Delaware alum is a regular guest on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio and Baltimore's WNST AM 1570.
Don't miss these great reports....