News | Stats | Stat vs. Team | Targets | Injury | Depth Chart | Roster
Sat, 11 Oct 2014 13:20:53 -0700
San Francisco 49ers CB Chris Cook (quadriceps), DE Tony Jerod-Eddie (shoulder), P Andy Lee (ankle), DE Ray McDonald (knee), DE Justin Smith (personal) and DT Ian Williams (ankle) are probable for Week 6. OT Anthony Davis (knee, ankle), C Marcus Martin (knee) and LB Nick Moody (hamstring) are questionable, while CB Tramaine Brock (toe) is out for the game. Davis will not play in the game, despite his questionable status. OT Jonathan Martin will start in his place.
Sun, 28 Sep 2014 17:11:27 -0700
San Francisco 49ers OT Anthony Davis (knee) left the Week 4 game against the Philadelphia Eagles due to a knee injury and he was not able to return. OT Jonathan Martin replaced him.
Wed, 24 Sep 2014 17:22:56 -0700
San Francisco 49ers OT Anthony Davis (hamstring) might return to the starting lineup in Week 4 against the Philadelphia Eagles. He was on the practice field for the first time with his teammates during the regular season after missing the first three games due to a hamstring injury. OT Jonathan Martin, who had been filling in, is expected to head back to the bench.
Fri, 05 Sep 2014 15:17:21 -0700
San Francisco 49ers OT Jonathan Martin will start at right tackle with OT Anthony Davis (hamstring) ruled out in Week 1 against the Dallas Cowboys.
Wed, 13 Aug 2014 21:09:07 -0700
San Francisco 49ers CB Chris Cook (knee), OG Adam Snyder (leg) and LB Patrick Willis (rest) did not practice Wednesday, Aug. 13. OT Jonathan Martin (personal) was also away from the team due to a death in the family.
Thu, 07 Aug 2014 10:50:34 -0700
San Francisco 49ers OT Jonathan Martin will start at right tackle in the first preseason game in place of OT Anthony Davis (shoulder). Martin could also receive time at left tackle when OT Joe Staley leaves the game.
Sat, 21 Jun 2014 09:12:36 -0700
San Francisco 49ers OT Jonathan Martin could receive time at offensive guard if OG Alex Boone decides to hold out during training camp.
Tue, 10 Jun 2014 18:44:32 -0700
San Francisco 49ers OT Jonathan Martin (illness) returned to practice Monday, June 9, after missing more than three weeks recovering from mononucleosis. He has spent most of his time working as the backup right tackle.
Tue, 03 Jun 2014 20:56:22 -0700
San Francisco 49ers OT Jonathan Martin (illness) is recovering from mononucleosis and was not able to practice Tuesday, June 3, during voluntary workouts.
Tue, 27 May 2014 18:19:28 -0700
San Francisco 49ers OT Jonathan Martin could play offensive guard this season, according to sources.
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 21:13:20 -0700
The Miami Dolphins will receive a conditional 2015 seventh-round pick from the San Francisco 49ers if OT Jonathan Martin is on San Francisco's 2014 Week 1 53-man roster.
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 21:07:39 -0700
The San Francisco 49ers will send a conditional seventh-round pick to the Miami Dolphins in 2015 if OT Jonathan Martin is on San Francisco's 2014 Week 1 53-man roster.
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 19:24:53 -0700
Updating a previous report, San Francisco 49ers OT Jonathan Martin will compete to be the backup tackle on both sides. That role was held over the past two seasons by OG Alex Boone.
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 19:10:26 -0700
The San Francisco 49ers are trading a conditional draft pick to the Miami Dolphins for OT Jonathan Martin, according to league sources.
Fantasy Tip: Martin heads to the West Coast, where he is from, and he will play Jim Harbaugh, who was his head coach at Stanford.
Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:38:09 -0800
Miami Dolphins impending free-agent OT Tyson Clabo said he doesn't believe the 144-page report by NFL investigator Ted Wells that describes the team's locker-room culture last season. "I don't think that the people that were around those situations that were in that report feel that was an accurate portrayal of the spirit of those events," Clabo said. "Those things in that report I think probably happened. ... But I don't feel they were harassment for the sake of harassment. No one is trying to hurt anyone's feelings." Clabo thinks OT Jonathan Martin and OG Richie Incognito were friends.
Wed, 26 Feb 2014 15:20:48 -0800
Indianapolis Colts QB Andrew Luck said he thinks Miami Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin would be a good fit for the team, and he supports the idea of the Colts bringing his former teammate at Stanford into the fold. "I'd say I love Jon, we had a great time at Stanford together, still stay in touch with him regularly and I think he's a great man," Luck said regarding the input he'd provide, if/when (when) he's asked about Martin.
Wed, 26 Feb 2014 09:09:23 -0800
Miami Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin hopes to be traded instead of being released, because he would like to make $825,000 and $1.04 million the next two seasons. Martin likely would only make $570,000 next season if he is released.
Wed, 26 Feb 2014 08:31:26 -0800
Miami Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin does not want to return to the team next year, according to a source close to Martin. Reports suggest that the Dolphins may consider bringing Martin back, but Martin would like to start fresh with another team whether he's traded or cut. "How do you take (Martin) back?" the source said. "Do you get rid of Pouncey? All these guys talked (stuff) about him. I don't even know how it's possible."
Tue, 25 Feb 2014 12:07:32 -0800
Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said he will be meeting with OT Jonathan Martin in the near future, as soon as the lawyers arrange it.
Tue, 25 Feb 2014 11:06:57 -0800
Miami Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin blamed the agents for OT Jonathan Martin for the team's locker room controversy reaching this point. Philbin blamed the agents for being the real problem and that Martin could have handled things differently.
Tue, 25 Feb 2014 11:05:17 -0800
The Miami Dolphins have shown interest in OL Jonathan Martin returning to the team in 2014. Martin's advisers think it would be best if he continued his career elsewhere and he has no intention of returning to Miami.
Tue, 25 Feb 2014 08:49:49 -0800
Miami Dolphins LS John Denney, a union representative, said Ted Wells' report on the debacle involving OT Jonathan Martin "nauseated him." He said Wells was paid to find a problem, so he found a problem. Denney also said the situation was overblown, and it might not have occurred if Martin handled the situation differently. "I was bullied as a rookie, everyone I've seen has been bullied as a rookie," Denney said. "If this is something that needs to be addressed then it should have been addressed my rookie year because nothing's changed since Day One that I've been in the league."
Thu, 20 Feb 2014 22:48:41 -0800
Updating a previous item, Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross plans to meet with OT Jonathan Martin at the NFL combine this weekend. Dolphins coach Joe Philbin did not say either way what Martin's future with the club was.
Tue, 18 Feb 2014 19:37:43 -0800
Miami Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin wants to return to football, but he is expected to be traded or released in the coming weeks. The first day a trade can become official is the first day of the league year, which is March 11. Martin's agent plans to meet with the team at the NFL Scouting Combine this week, discussing how to handle Martin's contract, which has two years left on it.
Tue, 18 Feb 2014 08:49:12 -0800
Miami Dolphins impending free-agent OG Richie Incognito returned to Twitter Monday, Feb. 17, to apologize to OT Jonathan Martin. He also apologized for his behavior on the social media site last week. "I apologize for acting like a big baby the last few days. This has all been so much on me and my family. I just want to play football."
Mon, 17 Feb 2014 20:25:32 -0800
Miami Dolphins impending free-agent OG John Jerry was portrayed negatively in the Wells Report, as he was reportedly part of the bullying of OT Jonathan Martin and others. He is not expected to be back with the Miami Dolphins.
Mon, 17 Feb 2014 20:17:00 -0800
Miami Dolphins offensive line coach Jim Turner is likely to face a suspension from the NFL for his role in the bullying scandal, as he reportedly knew about improper behavior relative to OLs Jonathan Martin and Andrew McDonald. The Wells Report paints Turner as having joined mocking McDonald over the alleged but untrue rumor that he was homosexual, and indicates he was not truthful the during investigation.
Mon, 17 Feb 2014 09:37:43 -0800
Carolina Panthers OT Andrew McDonald, who previously played for the Miami Dolphins and has been identified as Player A in the bullying scandal involving Dolphins OG Richie Incognito and OT Jonathan Martin, said he doesn't have a problem with the team. "While Andrew can't speak for other players involved in the report, he personally has had no problem with the Miami Dolphins organization and has the highest opinion of Coach Turner both personally and professionally and feels terrible about the way their relationship has been portrayed in the report," according to a statement by McDonald's agent, Brett Tessler. Offensive line coach Jim Turner didn't attempt to stop the behavior and took part in some taunting of McDonald.
Sat, 15 Feb 2014 20:06:29 -0800
Updating a previous report, Kenny Zuckerman, the agent for Miami Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin, said he will meet with the team during the NFL Scouting Combine to find out what their plans are regarding Martin since they still hold his rights.
Sat, 15 Feb 2014 15:34:00 -0800
The Miami Dolphins will meet with OT Jonathan Martin's agents at the 2014 NFL Scouting Combine.
Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:41:52 -0800
Miami Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin told agent Kenny Zuckerman he wants to play in 2014. "Jon called me on Wednesday, said he 'can't wait to play again. I'll play anywhere for anyone," Zuckerman said.
Fri, 14 Feb 2014 08:36:46 -0800
NFL investigator Ted Wells released his report on the Miami Dolphins' bullying scandal Friday, Feb. 14, and concluded that OGs Richie Incognito and John Jerry and C Mike Pouncey were responsible for harassment directed at not only OT Jonathan Martin, but another offensive lineman on the team and an assistant trainer. Owner Stephen Ross doesn't expect Incognito or Martin to return to the team next year.
Fri, 14 Feb 2014 00:04:17 -0800
Although Miami Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin has expressed an interest in returning for 2014, Miami Herald beat writer Armando Salguero speculates the team may be trying to showcase Martin for a trade. Salguero believes Martin would not return to the Dolphins after the bullying scandal that engulfed the team for much of last season.
Thu, 13 Feb 2014 09:10:47 -0800
Miami Dolphins OG Richie Incognito said he never bullied OT Jonathan Martin last year after his Twitter rant that was directed at his former teammate. "The facts clearly show the allegations are false and there was no bullying," Incognito said. "Just banter both ways between two good friends. I intend to do as I always have: focus on doing the best job I can for my team and fans and helping my team win. I will have no other comment until the (Ted) Wells report is issued."
Wed, 12 Feb 2014 18:10:57 -0800
Miami Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin wants to play football in 2014, and his representatives have had some talks with the Dolphins recently. It is not out of the realm of possibility that he returns to the team next season.
Wed, 12 Feb 2014 13:25:42 -0800
Miami Dolphins OG Richie Incognito took to twitter to issue some sharp comments at OT Jonathan Martin. Incognito said he was "dragged through the mud" by Martin and that he was ready to move on with his life and career. Incognito also said the truth will "bury" Martin and that Martin told him he was "considering suicide" in 2011.
Wed, 05 Feb 2014 12:35:58 -0800
Miami Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin's trade value is very low with the bullying scandal surrounding him, so it won't be easy for the Dolphins to find another team to take him off their hands. Martin has two more years left on his contract, but owner Stephen Ross said that he won't be back with the club. The Dolphins could receive a late-round pick for him, and ESPN's James Walker suggests the Indianapolis Colts may be interested, since Martin played college ball with QB Andrew Luck. Miami could also simply outright release Martin.
Wed, 05 Feb 2014 09:36:38 -0800
Investigator Ted Wells has informed the NFL that he expects to issue his report on the situation involving Miami Dolphins OG Richie Incognito and OT Jonathan Martin next week or the week after.
Tue, 04 Feb 2014 01:09:15 -0800
ESPN.com reporter James Walker speculates potential salary-cap casualties for the Miami Dolphins may include RT Jonathan Martin, CB Dimitri Patterson, LB Koa Misi, RB Daniel Thomas and LB Philip Wheeler.
Fri, 31 Jan 2014 09:56:35 -0800
Miami Dolphins OG Richie Incognito had reached out to OT Jonathan Martin after he had left the team and voiced concern for his former teammate. Incognito also texted Martin a picture of an article from ESPN.com titled, "Sources: NFLPA Eyes Martin Case." Incognito followed that up with, "What's up with this?" Martin replied, "I got nothing to do with it man I haven't said anything to anyone." Incognito replied, "I heard it's all coming from your agent?" Martin didn't reply back to Incognito. Incognito responded later saying that he needed Martin's help because the Dolphins were considering releasing him, and Martin never replied back.
Thu, 30 Jan 2014 08:48:35 -0800
The attorney for Miami Dolphins OG Richie Incognito said OT Jonathan Martin used texts that were just as vulgar as the language Incognito used against Martin. Martin allegedly sent texts to Incognito which "included threats to send someone over to Richie Incognito's home with a 'tranquilizer gun and sandpaper condoms' to homosexually rape him" and "another that said he would 'kill (Richie's) whole family." The attorney is also claiming that Martin didn't raise concerns to the team about his bullying until his performance on the field slipped to the point where his roster spot would be in jeopardy.
Wed, 29 Jan 2014 17:39:26 -0800
At this time, Miami Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin has no plans to sue the team or seek any other action. He wants to work with the team so that he can be traded to a team with earnest interest in him. The team cannot deal him until the beginning of the 2014 league year in March. The team is not expected to net a lot in return, but two NFL general managers said that Martin would probably be worth something. Both GMs also said Martin has value because he is an offensive tackle and possesses rare physical traits.
Wed, 29 Jan 2014 08:58:38 -0800
Updating a previous item, Miami Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin claims he was the subject of racial, aggressive and sexually charged comments in the team's locker room this year, and that he wasn't the only victim of hazing in the locker room. Martin said he wants to return to play in the NFL, however. He said he attempted to become friends with OG Richie Incognito, who was suspended for eight games for his role in the situation. "I have no problem with the normal hazing that you see in the NFL, get a haircut, stuff like that, little pranks," Martin said. "But of a personal, attacking nature, I don't think there's any place for that." An attorney that investigated the matter will have his report ready following the Super Bowl.
Tue, 28 Jan 2014 17:03:27 -0800
Miami Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin told former NFL head coach Tony Dungy in an interview recently that he left the team last season because of the persistence of vulgar language in the team's locker room. "I wish I would have had more tools to solve my situation," Martin said to Dungy. "I felt trapped, like I didn't have a way to make it right. It came down to a point where, you know, I felt it was best to just remove from myself from the situation."
Tue, 28 Jan 2014 15:18:38 -0800
Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said Tuesday, Jan. 28, that OT Jonathan Martin and OG Richie Incognito are unlikely to return to the team next season. Incognito will become an unrestricted free agent in March, while Martin has two years left on his rookie deal.
Wed, 22 Jan 2014 11:41:09 -0800
Miami Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin wanted to trade for Kansas City Chiefs OT Branden Albert last offseason but was overruled by former general manager Jeff Ireland, because Ireland thought the team would be fine with OT Jonathan Martin as their left tackle.
Wed, 15 Jan 2014 13:08:32 -0800
Miami Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin has not asked for a trade at this point but is not expected to be with the team next season.
Sat, 30 Nov 2013 13:28:01 -0800
Miami Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin (personal) was placed on the non-football injury list.
Wed, 27 Nov 2013 15:35:39 -0800
Miami Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin (illness) has been ruled out for Week 13. SS Chris D. Clemons (knee, hamstring) and CB Dimitri Patterson (groin) did not practice Wednesday, Nov. 27. C Sam Brenner (knee), WR Rishard Matthews (back) and CB Jamar Taylor (hamstring) were limited. LB Koa Misi (knee), WR Marlon Moore (hamstring), DT Jared Odrick (knee), RB Marcus Thigpen (wrist) and S Jimmy Wilson (abdomen) practiced in full.
Sun, 24 Nov 2013 08:40:36 -0800
The Miami Dolphins have declared OG Danny Watkins, CB Dimitri Patterson, DL Isaako Aaitui, OT Jonathan Martin, C Mike Pouncey, RB Mike Gillislee, QB Pat Devlin inactive for Week 12.